Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Rash Smash

I've been waiting to hear back from the doctor on the biopsy they took of my rash last week before I posted again. The dermatologists office just called and confirmed that it is indeed PUPPPS. I almost wasn't expecting this news because my rash has almost completely gone away now. It's the weirdest thing but I'm not complaining. I tried some of those home remedies for a while and they seemed to help but then my doctor asked me to stop them until we knew for sure what it was. So I did and the rash just gradually kept disappearing. I haven't had any itching episodes, problems sleeping or had to take any medicine for almost a week now. It's a miracle! I'm not quite sure what to think now.

The doctor said it could be one of those things that "comes and goes" throughout my pregnancy. I'm just thankful for the "goes" part. At least I have the hope of little breaks here and there instead of having it the remainder of my pregnancy and beyond. So Mike and I are celebrating it's disappearance on a daily basis!

We are now 9 days away from finding out the sex (not that I'm counting)! I had myself convinced that we were having a girl since the rash was going away and the PUPPPS 70% boy statistic wasn't in my mind anymore but now it seems that the boy notion is back in full swing. I can't wait to just know an answer because it's nearly impossible not to speculate during this time. Although I realize there is no way of really knowing, it's still fun to guess.

I'll be 18 weeks this Thursday and I keep anticipating the feeling of little kicks someday soon. I've heard it can still be a while before I do but I swear I feel little tingles here and there that I don't normally feel. I like to pretend it's little feet and hands going to town in my belly.

Well...here's to the rash no longer showing it's face. I hope it doesn't have the guts to return. I'm not afraid to use my campfire smelling soap, V8 juice 2x a day, vitamin C and oatmeal lotion weapons again! PUPPPS who? That's what I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment