Saturday, July 2, 2011

Three little lines

On June 30th at 9:30am Mike and I walked into the doctor's office with excited stomachs and curious smiles on our faces. We could not WAIT to finally find out the sex of our baby. It seriously felt like Christmas morning as a kid all over again. From the moment that I found out I was pregnant with this child I thought it was going to be a girl and Mike felt that way as well. Then the PUPPPS thing happened and we started thinking a little boy just might be in there after all.

I went to Seattle for a meeting for work the Monday and Tuesday before our appointment and there and back on the plane all I could think about was all the reasons why it was going to be a boy. I told everyone who asked that week that I would be SHOCKED if it was a girl. I guess I should've stuck to my gut feeling because it turns out that we are having a little lady! Micah Janee is the first precious baby to join our family. When the sonographer said she saw three little lines I knew right away what that meant but still needed immediate confirmation. I couldn't believe my ears. Mike was speechless at first and then asked where she saw the three lines. Haha! She pulled a fast one on us! Leave it up to my little girl to send us mixed signals. I can already tell she's gonna be a handful!


I'm so glad that Mike video taped the whole experience so we can show Micah someday. It was so fun to watch her little body wiggle across the screen. The sonographer said she was very active. I guess the chocolate I ate before the appointment paid off! Thanks for the pointer Em.

They checked every major organ, counted her fingers/toes and measured many different parts. Everything checked out great and they said she is healthy.  So far so good! That was the best news of the day!

Hi Mom and Dad

She's a fighter already!

Sucking on her hands

Bottom of her feet/bootie - her lady parts
We left the appointment and immediately called Mike's family. They were all surprised by the girl news as well considering that the Simpson side only has 2 girl cousins that are spread 30+ years apart.  All the rest are boys. This baby will be the first granddaughter for Mike's parents and the 20th great-grandchild for Mike's grandparents. We sat in the parking lot at Macon Park (near the tree there that is dedicated to my mom) and called/texted our friends too. It was so fun to share the news with the people we love the most.  We meet my parents and sis for lunch at Chappell's in Northtowne at 11:15 and I had made little signs that announced the sex to give to them. (I had a boy version ready to go too just in case). They were totally surprised by the girl news as well. My dad was the only one who still thought it was a girl, even after the PUPPPS. He was trying hard to hide how excited he was that it was a girl but I could see right through it! He wanted a granddaughter and I'm happy that we were able to give that to him.

Megan and I left lunch and went shopping!!! I can already tell that it's going to be addicting. Girl stuff is just so dang cute. We went to Lauren Alexandra's, Baby Gap, Old Navy and Target. Baby Gap was having an incredible sale so we went a little crazy there, to say the least. We came back and laid all of her new clothes out in her room to assess what we got. I left it all laid out and I peek in there daily. It makes me smile!
The damage
That evening I invited my high school friends over for a reveal party. It's a tradition that we've done with each of their first children. I had them cut into a cake that either had pink or blue filling inside. It was really special to share that moment with them. Now with Micah joining the kid crew it will be four girls and three boys.

More belly pics...





P.S. My PUPPPS has returned. It seems as though it's going to follow a pattern for the next 20+ weeks. It starts out on my chest and then slowly moves to other areas of my body over a two week period. Hopefully this cycle includes the one week disappearance. I was up from 4-5am last night scratching my tail off.  Looks like it's time to bring out all my weapons again. For three days now I've had extremely sore calves and lord knows it ain't from exercising! Renee bought me a prenatal massage so I went today. It hurt so badly when she was rubbing on my calves that it took all that I had to not whimper in pain. Pathetic, I know - but true. You should see me walk down the stairs. It's not a pretty sight! Hopefully that will come and go as well.
Just another small price to pay for our Micah Janee.

1 comment:

  1. Mike and Jill congratulations on the new "girl" addition. We are very happy for the both of you.

    Jeremy and Alison

    ReplyDelete