Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Big Girls DO Cry

I've been noticing lately that my emotions have been on high alert. I've become more sappy than usual (if that's possible) and even the slightest thought can bring me to tears.

Here are a few moments that have done just that lately:
-The car commercial where the little 5 year old girl is in the drivers seat and the dad hands her the keys through the window while telling her all the "rules of the road." Then is flashes back to the girl and she's really a 16 year old but to her daddy it doesn't feel that way. That will be Mike and I in 16+ years with Micah and it hit me hard how much you have to let your worry be as a parent and allow them to experience new things no matter how scary it is for YOU! I tear up every time I see it.
-The Pampers commercial they over-play on TLC about how every baby no matter what the circumstance was meant to be here and they roll through many different images of all types of babies. Hits me hard each time!
-The song by Coldplay called "Fix You" that Javier Colon sang on The Voice a few weeks ago. It makes me think about how I will feel as Micah walks through the trials and tribulations of this life. I want her to know that I'll always be here for her and I will do all that I can as her mother to provide the support that she needs no matter what, just as my MomR did for me. So I told Mike that I'm going to sing this to her from day one as I rock her to sleep. I downloaded it on to my iPod so I could memorize the words and of course the next day as I'm driving into work the flood works start as it begins to play over my radio. I honestly felt a little insane when I realized that I seriously couldn't stop myself from crying. Ha! Geez!

Here are the words to that song.  You have to hear the Javier Colon version to get the true tender feeling!

When you try your best, but you don't succeed
When you get what you want, but not what you need
When you feel so tired, but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse

And the tears come streaming down your face
When you lose something you can't replace
When you love someone, but it goes to waste
Could it be worse?

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

And high up above or down below
When you're too in love to let it go
But if you never try you'll never know
Just what you're worth

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

Tears stream down on your face
When you lose something you cannot replace
Tears stream down on your face
And on your face I...

Tears stream down on your face
I promise you I will learn from my mistakes
Tears stream down on your face
And on your face I...

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you


I've also noticed that I've been more protective of Mike. He's been having car trouble lately and my mind will irrationally spin out of control with all these horrible thoughts that could possibly happen to him on the highway as he drives with this broken vehicle. I can't imagine my life without him in it. After all this time and all that we've been through, I'm truly still in awe of the man that he is and how perfect he is for me. (I am seriously wiping tears as I write this now! Are you kidding me?) He is going to be the BEST dad that I know and I haven't even seen him as one yet. I am just so confident in the kind of father he will be to Micah and the true partner that I have in him as my husband. I am one lucky lady. WE are two lucky ladies I should say. :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh Jill, this is beautiful ( I almost cried). I know exactly how you feel... Maybe all of my irrational fears are because I am a mom! Thanks! :) I have that song (by that guy) in my car. My sister made me the CD. Now, I am scared to listen to it as I will prob think of the boys and cry! :) Love you, Mama! LeAnnie

    ReplyDelete