Monday, May 9, 2011

We're having a baby!

Mike and I are happy to be starting a new chapter of our lives! We found out just under a month after our wedding that we are expecting a baby. We couldn't be more thrilled that our honeymoon was a successful one and that our unexpected souvenir will be bringing us a lifetime of adventures!

Little did I know that some afternoon delight and an amazing dinner at Mama's Fish House in Maui would quite possibly make me a "mama" myself.

Us at Mama's Fish House on March 3rd, 2011
This blog is meant to document the details of our pregnancy and all the wonderful memories to follow. We want our little one to someday read about just how excited we were for his/her arrival and more.

I am 11.5 weeks! Our bundle is due to arrive on Thanksgiving Day, which is November 24th this year.  I've only had two days of sickness so far and the only consistent symptom I'm experiencing is tailbone pain. Weird I know... but true. It feels like my tailbone is bruised and/or broken.  Somedays are worse than others. No matter what, it's all worth it! I'll endure whatever I need to for our mini-us. Another pregnancy side effect = my boobs growing at a rapid rate. I love it! Big boobies-yes please!

The actual test I took at 6:30am (I was getting up to potty-which I never used to do) on the morning of Friday, March 25th.
Who knew two lines could mean so much?
8 week ultrasound

8 week close-up
 My belly is swollen but I'm not sure if it's just my pooch or a baby bump. We'll pretend it's the latter. :)
7 WEEKS
8 WEEKS
9 WEEKS
10 WEEKS
11 WEEKS